The end of the year is a time for reflection and thanks. This holiday season, at the end of an unprecedented year, we wanted to take a moment to express our earnest and sincere appreciation for your continued support of Goodwill of North Georgia and our mission to put people to work.
This year, in the face of circumstances none of us could have imagined, Goodwill was able to continue to grow and, most importantly, meet the needs of our customers, employees and our community when they needed us the most.
This past year we:
- Connected more than 27,000 of our neighbors with jobs right here in our community
- Continued to pay and provide benefits for 100% of our employees, even those working in locations that were closed during the March – May COVID-19 shutdown
- Increased capacity of our virtual career services and as a result over 7,000 people accessed our services between March – June 2020
- Continued our employment training programs to continue to train job seekers for in-demand and growing career fields like technology and logistics – fields that have become even more in demand in response to the pandemic
- Opened two new store locations – Northridge and Alabama Road – to provide even more treasure hunting opportunities for our shoppers
- Opened one new career center – Old National – to meet the needs of jobseekers on the south side of Atlanta
- Began work on our new Metropolitan Parkway store and career center, the first new location in the City of Atlanta in years.
You make all of this possible and we cannot thank you enough. As we look to the new year and hope for brighter days, we know that our success will only be possible with your continued and sustained support. We have big goals for the year — opening more stores, opening another career center, connecting with our community and helping more people. We hope you are as excited about the opportunities on the horizon for 2021 as we are.
Have a safe and happy holiday season and we look forward to seeing you in 2021.