Struggling to Find Employment?
Goodwill of North Georgia can help!
If you live in a rural community you may be eligible for Goodwill services through our new DOL-WORC Grant. Start meeting virtually or in person with a Goodwill Certified Career Coach and enhance your workforce skills and employability! Get started today and become eligible to receive up to $30 in gift cards.
- Resume writing support
- One-on-One Career Coaching
- Job Search Strategies and Career Planning
- Employment Assistance
- Occupational Skills Training Available
To learn more, see the qualifications below and plan to attend an information session at one of our participating Career Centers: Athens, Decatur, Oakwood, Smyrna, South DeKalb, Pleasant Hill, Cartersville, Woodstock and Cornelia. You can also call 844.344.WORK(9675) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Get Started
Eligibility and Required Docs
To begin enrollment, you’ll need to bring the following documents to the Career Center:
- Copy of ID (to determine county of residence, address, DOB)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Documentation of Eligible Population; Includes separation notice, school documentation for youth, probation/parole paperwork, tax statement showing you have not worked in 10+ years, paystub showing current employed or letter on company letterhead stating you have received a raise/promotion if obtaining training, DD214
Contact Goodwill for More Information
- Northwest Region Career Coach: Anthony Sims, email@example.com
- Northwest Region Career Coach: Brandy Alexander, firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Information/Eligible County Inquires: Alicia Hicks, email@example.com
To learn more, see the qualifications below and plan to attend an information session at one of our Career Centers. You can also call 844.344.WORK(9675) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are giving opportunities to anyone who wants to learn skills, find a job and fits within the following categories:
- New entrant to the workforce (youth, long-term unemployed, previously incarcerated)
- Dislocated worker (terminated from job, self-employed but now unemployed)
- Incumbent worker (currently employed but needs more training)
Qualified candidates must reside in one of the following counties: