Apartment Maintenance/Building Technician Program
Do you have construction or mechanical skills? Do you enjoy interacting with people?
Our Apartment/Building Maintenance Technician Program will turn your skills into opportunities through credential training as a Maintenance Technician.
Goodwill has partnered with employers in the residential housing industry to provide credentialed training for people with construction and/or mechanical skills to prepare them for jobs as Maintenance Technicians. The 7-week training program will cover:
• Basic construction
• EPA/HVAC and R410 national testing and certification
• Heating and heat pump maintenance
• Certified Pool Operator Industry Certification
• Appliance repair
Participants receive job placement assistance and have an option to co-enroll in our CollegeCareerCatalyst program to earn college credentials.
We are seeking interested candidates who meet the following requirements:
• Drug free
• Demonstrated experience in at least one trade
• Criminal backgrounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
• High school diploma, GED, or commensurate experience
• Basic math and reading skills
• Access to reliable vehicle
• Physically able to bend, lift, pull and push 50 pounds
View the Skills Training Calendars and attend an information session about this program.