Do you have construction or mechanical skills? Do you enjoy interacting with people?
Our Apartment/Building Maintenance Technician Program will turn your skills into opportunities through credential training as a Maintenance Technician.
Goodwill has partnered with employers in the residential housing industry to provide credentialed training for people with construction and/or mechanical skills to prepare them for jobs as Maintenance Technicians. The 7-week training program will cover:
- Basic construction
- EPA/HVAC and R410 national testing and certification
- Heating and heat pump maintenance
- Certified Pool Operator Industry Certification
- Appliance repair
Participants receive job placement assistance and have an option to co-enroll in our CollegeCareerCatalyst program to earn college credentials.
We are seeking interested candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Drug free
- Demonstrated experience in at least one trade
- Criminal backgrounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- High school diploma, GED, or commensurate experience
- Basic math and reading skills
- Access to reliable vehicle
- Physically able to bend, lift, pull and push 50 pounds
To learn more:
Just attend an information session or reach us at one of the following: